Saturday, January 2, 2010

Potpourri Pie


My sister and I made a couple of Potpourri pies while watching a movie one night. I just got the salt dough recipe for the crust online. I'm pretty sure it's 1 cup salt mixed with 1 cup flour and enough water to make it the right consistency. We may have doubled or tripled the recipe. The "pie tin" is just the water catcher part of a terracotta pot. We lined the "pie tin" with salt dough and baked it in the oven until dry. We filled them with potpourri and did a cute lattice top with the remaining dough and let that air dry. I want to embellish it a little more with some cinnamon sticks and little flowers, but here's what I have so far. I'm pretty sure my mom did this same project in the 80's, so it made me feel kind of old. But, I think they turned out really cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment