Thursday, March 17, 2011

Hello HELLO Hello HELLO

Has it really been almost a month?  I would say I’m surprised that I haven’t posted in so long, but I’m not really.  I mean, this is me we’re talking about.  The most inconsistent blogger in the universe.
I could feed you some lame excuse as to my absence.  Like, my dog ate my laptop.   
But the truth is, I haven’t been in the mood to write lately.  Or scrapbook.  Or take pictures.  I have been completely uninspired.  I don’t usually go more than a day or two without making something or other, so this was kind of unusual.  Lots has been going on, but I can’t really talk about it.  Not in an “I’m trying to pique your interest and appear mysterious” kind of way.  Just stuff with jobs and stuff with adoption and stuff with life.  I’m sure you all know how that goes.
On Saturday, I FINALLY burst out of my creative slump and made something. 
dress
Our friend’s little girl had her first birthday.  So, I made a little dress to give as a gift.  It felt so good to be sitting at my sewing machine again.  As I  worked, I couldn’t help but wonder how long I would have to wait to make little clothes for our baby.  Surprisingly, the thought didn’t make me sad like I thought it would.  Now THAT, my friends, is progress. 

5 comments:

  1. So cute!! You are so talented! I miss you Whitney! It's made me so happy to see your posts this morning. You are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope I get to see you when you come this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have times like that...the only thing that keeps me blogging is my poor mother-in-law who lives 24 hours away.

    That dress is adorable, way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dress is adorable Whitney! What a lucky little friend!

    And I totally understand about the blogging lull. Everybody's not in the mood sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so cute. You are so amazing with all of your crafts and everything else in life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe I just realized, is the title supposed to be the primary hello song? I heard it that way in my head :)

    ReplyDelete