Friday, June 10, 2011

Joy

fly1
fly2fly3fly4

Just a few days ago we got the blessed news that spencer was offered a job as a morning anchor for a TV station in Idaho! 

We’re so grateful, excited, overwhelmed… happy just doesn’t begin to cover it.  We’re kind of walking on air.  We have loved our time here in Texas and made some wonderful friends.  But the time has definitely come to move on, and we hope that we will FINALLY be able to make some progress on adoption now! 

I’ve spent much of the week in tears.  The good kind.  I’m just a tearful person I guess (I must take after my mom hee hee), as all of my emotions tend to leak out my eyes.  I cry when I’m sad.  I cry when I’m mad.  I cry when I’m glad.  Sheesh. 

So I’ve been busy packing, cleaning, packing, garage selling, packing, and getting ready to move in just a couple weeks.  I may not be around much for a little while.  But I was so excited to share our news!  Any of you who live in the Boise area will have to give me good ideas of fun things to do there! 

14 comments:

  1. Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay, yay!!!!!!! I had already figured this after the last post on your family blog and after talking to Katie but I AM SO EXCITED TO HEAR IT OFFICIALLY!!!! Yay for new jobs, yay for moving, yay for working on adoption paperwork! :) I'm so happy for you two!!! Richard and I should plan a trip to Boise in the next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooo!! Congrats to you guys! You will be so much closer to Shari and Mike now...yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love these pictures. They are so fun. Congratulations on the job! It is such a relief to have things work out. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Whitney! That is awesome news... new job, new town! We have lived in the Boise area for a few years now, so some fun things to do are: Saturday market in downtown, floating the Boise river, hiking table rock, Eagle Island, Lucky Peak. There's more, but I'll keep it short. Don't hesitate to ask me any questions or if you need help with anything like good areas to move into or good restaurants to eat at. We work all over Idaho, so we're really familiar with all of the cities here. Good luck! theinfertilityinme@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! That is so exciting! LOVE the photos! And good luck with your adoption plans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm soooooooooo excited for you guys! (I love how the placement of the pictures makes it look like Spencer is holding your feet while he is in the air!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray!!!! Congratulations to your family, and good luck with all the busy-ness that comes along with moving and getting a new job/home!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm seriously so so happy for you guys! This is just such an answer to prayers. I can't wait to have you a little closer too! I'm hoping we can get even together now and than! I think Boise has GREAT things in store for you!! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay yay yay! I'm so excited for you guys! The moving part isn't so much fun, but finally being in a new place where you want to be is great! I'm only sad you didn't move there sooner so we could have visited you there every single day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow moving!? I hope it is a great change...though Texas is GREAT! You must go where you feel you are needed. Good luck:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel compelled to share the waiting children of Reece's Rainbow with you. www.reecesrainbow.org

    ReplyDelete
  12. just found your blog through another.. Ucreate.
    congrast.. and i hope you guys do find your child waiting for you here in Idaho. :) I live in Idaho .. so I will keep my eyes and ears out for you guys.

    ReplyDelete