Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lift Where You Stand

Today was frustrating. I have been looking for a job for a long time. I finally had an interview, but found out it was cancelled when I arrived. I left feeling a little discouraged. I really need to find a job, and the longer it takes, the more stressed I feel. I would like to find work that is meaningful, that would allow me to bless the lives of others, as well as support my family. I guess I have just been thinking lately, “What can I do to make a difference? What am I supposed to be doing with my life right now?”

This thought came to me, “LIFT WHERE YOU STAND.” It is the title of one of my favorite church talks (here). I think it has multiple meanings, but perhaps the most pertinent is YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE NO MATTER WHO YOU ARE, NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE.

Though my influence is small, I can help those who I love and care about just by continuing to love and care! We live in such a “look at me” society that I think that we sometimes think that we lack the power or influence to really do much good. We probably all know this, but how many of us really believe it? The greatest heroes are those unsung, but we focus on the ones that stand it the spotlight, because, well, they are easier to recognize. I guess my point is, it probably doesn’t really matter where I end up working or what I end up doing. There are opportunities all around me, everywhere, everyday, for me to make a difference. I just have to look for them, and remind myself that they are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment