Monday, September 13, 2010

Hard to Come By

When I decided to start a blog as sort of a therapy for our struggles in infertility I thought the blog should have a fun/funny url.

Here's a list of a few urls I came up with:

1. infertilityme.blogspot.com
2. gospermgo.blogspot.com
3. wannabeamomma.blogspot.com
4. adventuresinbabymaking.blogspot.com

The funny thing is all of those were already taken (along with a few other cool ones that I tried to adopt but can't remember their names right now).  This current url was probably my seventh choice.  But whatev.

The point is, that there are lots of people who want what we want and can't have it either.  Even though I joke that I don't know anyone besides us in this situation, I know there are people who feel as we do.  And they're taking all of the good infertility urls.  And we're all coping with the situation by spilling our guts on the internet.

But in all seriousness, I wish there was something that I could do to help all of you who want to have children but can't.  I wish I could reach out to you in some way.  One thing I hope to gain from all this, is empathy for those who struggle with infertility and a better understanding of what I can do to help them.  Because a kind listening ear and a genuine understanding for fellow infertilists (as I shall hitherto call them) is hard to come by.

No comments:

Post a Comment